Sterling aims to produce products that are of high quality, dependable and exceed customer expectations. All Sterling products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
We are dedicated to helping our customers get the most out of our products. We believe it is our responsibility to provide them with the best possible experience and results. We know that selecting the right product for the right material is incredibly important.
Sterling provides recommendations, requirements and product specifications on all packaging and the website’s product information pages.
This product information is intended to provide general guidance and best practice advice to users of an appropriate skill level at their discretion and risk. These recommendations are dependent on the user, material, application, and circumstance of use.
The following warranty policy outlines the terms and conditions for warranty coverage on Sterling products.
- Warranty Coverage: Sterling provides a warranty for products that are found to be defective due to faulty manufacturing or materials. This warranty covers the repair or replacement of the product at our discretion, subject to the terms and conditions stated herein. Due to Sterling being a wholesale company, refund options are at the discretion of the distributor the product was purchased from.
- Warranty Period: The warranty period covers the lifetime of the product from the date of purchase. To qualify for warranty coverage, the product must meet the specified warranty parameters outlined above and must be accompanied by a valid proof of purchase.Please note that products that do not exhibit defects resulting from faulty manufacturing or materials, and instead are attributable to the factors listed below, are not eligible for warranty coverage.
- Warranty Limitations: The following limitations apply to the Sterling warranty policy:
A. Sterling is not accountable for any user’s actions: It’s the user’s responsibility to determine how much skill, technical experience, safety measures and operational knowledge is needed before using a Sterling product. As well as knowledge of how the product should be used, and how it should not be used.
B. Normal Wear and Tear: Sterling does not cover normal wear and tear that occurs with regular usage over time. This includes but is not limited to, gradual deterioration, cosmetic damage, and the natural ageing of materials.
C. Third-Party Components: Warranty coverage extends only to the original Sterling product and does not cover any third-party components or accessories included with or attached to the product.
D. Other factors excluded from coverage: Under this warranty, coverage is not provided for products that have been utilised incorrectly, used for purposes other than their intended use, mishandled, abused, neglected, involved in accidents, inadequately maintained or stored, altered, modified, tampered with, or repaired by anyone other than Sterling. Furthermore, products that have not been used in accordance with Sterling’s recommended best practices are not eligible for warranty coverage.
- Warranty Claims: If a user has determined that a Sterling product is faulty due to defects in materials or workmanship and would like a warranty, the user must bring the faulty product into the store they purchased it from.The warranty covers the repair or replacement of the product, subject to the terms and conditions stated herein. Due to Sterling being a wholesale company, refund options are at the discretion of the distributor the Sterling product was purchased from. If a replacement or repair is requested, the distributor will then forward the request to the Sterling customer service team who will make an assessment. Alternatively, customers who have already approached the distributor from whom they purchased the product and have not received a satisfactory resolution can directly contact Sterling at email@example.com. In their email, customers should provide the necessary documentation and evidence to assess the claim, such as photos and proof of purchase. A dedicated customer service representative will promptly assist in addressing the matter.
- Assessment and Remedies: Upon receiving a warranty claim, Sterling will evaluate the product to determine whether the defect is covered under the warranty. If the defect is found to be due to faulty manufacturing or materials, Sterling will, at its discretion, repair the product, replace it with a comparable product and send it back to the applicable distributor or the customer’s provided address.
- Shipping and Handling: The customer is responsible for any shipping and handling costs associated with returning the product for warranty service. Sterling will cover the cost of return shipping for repaired or replaced products.
- Limitation of Liability: To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Sterling’s liability under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the defective product. Sterling is not liable for any indirect, consequential, or incidental damages arising from the use or inability to use the product, whether or not Sterling was aware of the possibility of such damages.
- Warranty Rights: Your rights under this warranty are in addition to any other rights you have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, the Australian Consumer Law, the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and any other laws in relation to the products to which this warranty relates. Any disputes arising from or related to this warranty shall be subject to the exclusive authority of these governing bodies.
Please note that this warranty policy is subject to change without prior notice. Customers are advised to refer to the latest version of the warranty policy available on the Sterling website (sterlingtools.com.au) or by contacting Sterling Customer Support.
If you have any further questions regarding our warranty policy, please feel free to contact us at sterlingtools.com.au or call (02) 4957 8787.
All terms and conditions in this warranty policy have been established and are governed by the parent company of Sterling, Sheffield Group.